HUNTINGTON STATION, N.Y. (CBSNewYork) — Suffolk County Executive Steve Bellone signed a bill into law Wednesday requiring carbon monoxide detectors in all county buildings.
As CBS 2’s Jennifer McLogan reported, the Steve Nelson Safety Act comes in response to the death of a restaurant manager in February. Steve Nelson, 55, was found dead in the basement of Legal Sea Foods at the Walt Whitman Shops following a carbon monoxide leak.
As WCBS 880′s Sophia Hall reported, Wednesday’s announcement about the law’s passage marked a very emotional day for Nelson’s partner, John Largan.
“I was honored to have him in my life as my dearest friend and my companion,” Largan said.
Largan said if there had been a detector at Legal...| read more ››